MyPoints is a rewards program. You can earn points by doing various tasks, and redeem them for various gift cards or cash through Paypal.
MyPoints has been around since 1996. It’s safe to assume this site is legit. I’ve never had any sort of problem with them, and I’ve been a member for about 5 years.
- Earn 1 Point for every video you watch up to 75 points per day. I must admit, I was not taking advantage these videos until recently. I wish I had been. This takes about 12 – 15 minutes per day.
- The videos DO allow you to skip through to the end. The News videos do NOT allow you to skip to the end, HOWEVER, they will credit after only a few seconds (about 10). You can click on to the next News video after this length of time and receive credit.
- I love to get the Chili’s Gift cards. My husband and enjoy eating dinner there or getting Chili’s To Go. Simply watching the videos every day if I did nothing else, would net 27375 points per year, equating to 7.5 $25 gift cards, totaling $187.50 in value. Of course, you choose the cards you like! Sometimes I get different cards to give as gifts, or for example, redeem for a Home Depot gift card, if I know we are going to purchase something there soon.
- You DO want to make sure you enable emails under your “settings.” They send emails nearly every day. Many of them you just need to click on the orange “Get Points” box to receive 5 points. Easy and quick.
- Using the same math as above (and assuming 3 emails per day – there are often more), you would net 5475 points over the course of a year, enough for 1.5 $25 gift cards, totaling $37.50 in value. In addition, check for these MyPoints emails often (I do it every day as part of my routine). Many of these have a short expiration window. Before I was more effective in my routine, I had many of them expire. Wasted free money! A future post will detail my daily routine that I try to stick to, so I don’t forget anything. I assure you, it will be worth bookmarking!
- Earn when your friend accepts your invitation. 25 points.
- You each earn when your friend spends $20 or more 75 points
- Get a bonus of all the eligible Points your friend earns. 10% of your referrals eligible points.
- Here is my referral link, if you are not already signed up for MyPoints. <cough cough> <hint hint>
- 10 Searches a Month = 1 Point
- 11-25 Searches a Month = 10 Points
- 26-40 Searches a Month = 50 Points
- 41+ Searches a Month = 100 Points
- Say you did 42 searches per month to get the maximum of 100 points. You would net 1200 points over the course of a year, enough for 1/3 of a $25 gift card, totaling $8.22 in value. Takes mere seconds. Do a few each day, or all in one day.
Points earned vary. A recent poll on twitter conducted by MyPoints showed this is how the majority of the respondents earn points. I just really don’t have the patience to do many surveys in a day.
- This will give you a one time earning of 100 points.
- This extension alerts you to when you are shopping at a site where you can earn points. Similar to the Swagbucks extension. I confess, I removed this from my Chrome browser, as it seemed to slow it down. However, I do a manual search when I am shopping, so see who is going to give me the deal in the form of “cash back” on MyPoints, Swagbucks, etc.
- Shop at 1900+ stores to earn Points from each purchase you make online, going through the MyPoints site. I often check to see who is offering the most as % cash-back. I will check through Swagbucks, MyPoints, Quickrewards, Ebates, etc. Not all of them offer the same stores.
- Earn 10 Points for every coupon you print and redeem. Find your favorites, shop at your grocery store, and save money while you earn Points. It’s that easy!
- Print and redeem 10-15 coupons in a month and earn 25 Bonus Points.
- Print and redeem 16 or more coupons in a month and earn 50 Bonus Points.
- Similar deal to Swagbucks, but I think Swagbucks does it better.
- I don’t love this site as much as Swagbucks, but I DO like it a lot!
- The emails are just too easy to click on and earn points. I’ve never received spam from them either, nor do they give your email out to 3rd parties.
- The 75 videos take up very little time each day.
- Performing searches on the sight, are a piece of cake and painless. They even keep count for you of how many you have done so far during the month. Do at least 42 to earn the maximum 100 MyPoints monthly bonus.
- The games, I don’t bother with. They are not free, and I think those are more for the type of person that would pay to play them anyway. I’m not judging, it’s just not interesting to me.
- I usually don’t bother with the surveys, because frankly, Amazon’s Mechanical Turk (mTurk) offers MUCH better pay, and I find that I don’t very often get screened-out. At least if you do, you’ve not already spent 20 minutes into it. But mTurk is for another day, another post.